In the UK.

Wow. Never thought I'd be in a place so far from my hometown.

I had an very exhausting flight from KLIA to Birmingham. The flight took 14 hours! I was on the plane for 14 hours doing nothing but sleep because it was so boring though they had the in-flight entertainment system.

I had a stop in Dubai, UAE for transit, thus I went for some shopping in the airport. But in the end, I didn't get buy anything because the stuffs are probably quite normal and can be easily purchased in Malaysia or UK. Not to mention that the personnel in Dubai wasn't that friendly as I thought, they were so arrogant and cocky. I hated their attitude, but I couldn't care much. Also, due to language miscommunication, I couldn't understand what the fella was trying to say and I was confused on which gate to go to for my boarding. I had a panic there as the information for my flight was so little as if there were none. Luckily, they had this information counter in front of the arrival hall, and it cleared all of my confusions.

Once arrived in Birmingham International Airport, I can feel the chilly weather already as it was only 8'C that day. I've never experienced such chilly environment since the lowest temperature we can normally set on the air conditioner is only 16'C.

I expected my GF would be there waiting for me on the arrival hall, but she had some delay due to some confusions and I waited for her while waiting for my luggage.

We took a train from Birmingham International Airport train station to Wolverhampton station, where my GF and her sister stays. I went to ASDA, something like Survey Hypermarket in KK right away for some grocery shopping and we had a very nice Bolognese Spaghetti dinner, cooked by my GF's sister.

On the next day, we went to Wolverhampton city area for some windows shopping, among the shops, my favorites were River Island, Topman, New Look and Primark. The apparels are reasonably cheap and I felt like buying all of them. But due to limited resources, I had to go for the ones that I favor the most. Hehe.

I bought a pair of skinny jeans and a black plimsolls for that in trend look in UK. It goes well with my checkered shirt. I had a great time shopping in Birmingham too, my GF and I got ourselves a England FC replica jersey.

I really like the food here, I had ham, bacon, eggs with sausages for breakfast and that delicious tuna + ham + vegetables + egg sandwiches made by my GF. For dinner, we had Pizza, Carbonara spaghetti, salmon + tuna sushi and salmon + rice. Not to mention that the Kebab I had for lunch was once of the best food I've tried.

I'm heading to Manchester Piccadilly tomorrow and hopefully, this time, we will have a great time sight seeing and some shopping probably.

I can't wait for the trip to Bristol on the 17th of November when my family arrives. I'm sure we will have a great time in UK. I will certainly miss this trip when I go back to KL on the 25th as I really like UK a lot!

Comments

Popular Posts