Thank you Maxis.

When I subscribed to Maxis Broadband, I didn't care about the 18-months contract thinking that I desperately need Internet connection to do some research in order to complete my assignments and such. I'm a student who is staying outside of my hometown and it was good when the broadband services need not to apply for a telephone line. Now, it got better without the 18-months contract bond! Hooray! Thank you Maxis. This post is a token of appreciation from me to you. You guys really did a great job there. Easing everyone out especially students like myself.

But although they allow you to discontinue the subscription, there are terms and conditions. To make it simple, a handling fee of RM200 will be charged if you discontinue the Maxis Wireless Broadband Service within 12-months from the date of registration. If you have used the Maxis Wireless Broadband Service for more than 12-months, the handling fee of RM200 will be waived.

Also, you MUST return your modem and telephone set to Maxis upon cancellation of account. A fee of RM900 will be charged should you lose the modem or return the modem in a damaged condition. So do take very very good care of your modem! Shut it down when there's thunder strike or when unused.

Just go to any nearby Maxis centers to cancel your account. Don't forget to bring your modem and telephone set!

For a more detailed version of the new policy, head to:
http://www.maxis.com.my/personal/broadband/bolt-on_faq.html

Comments

Popular Posts